Saturday, March 24, 2012

Vintage Thank You



Well if you know me at all, you know I hate everything vintage and antique, with the exception of old maps and old letters/postcards that I just adore. :-) Lucky for me they are all the rage this year... For this card I tried to create my own background paper with that in mind...

See, a couple of weeks ago was my birthday. I am still waiting for the cards from my crafty friends... LOL ;-) *pouts*... (Dear crafty friends if you are reading this, remember that one of my mottos is "better late than never!"... ;-)) So not only was I surprised when I received a beautiful card from a fellow DT member I haven't known for long, but she also sent me a Michaels giftcard in the cutest giftcard holder! o.O

So this thank you card is for her, and I used the supplies I got at Michaels from her to make the card! Namely Tim Holtz stamps set, and glimmer gold spray. :-)

As I said I am not comfortable with vintage so I'll admit making my own vintage background was a tad daunting at 1st, but I really like the end result. I also used PTI music sheet background stamps, and their big thank you that I heat embossed. I didn't want to hide that homemade creation behind a medallion for such a big sentiment, so instead I cut out the medallion with a Nestabilities, glued it on my card base and then glued the frame on mini pop dots around it. I added a tad of Trendy Twine, and following the trend of crinkled ribbons I decided to crumple my Prima flower in my hand... *gasp*. And surprisingly I like the frumpy flower result! :-)
And there you have it, Bee's rare attempt at vintage... ;-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails