Friday, May 30, 2008

Teacher's wallets



It's the end of the year again! So for me that means gift-cards for teachers, and trying out new gift-cards holders... :-P
I made 4 of those little wallets, following the W model found on Lee's and Melanie's blogs (among others ;-)). I used those papers (gift wraps from Borders!) that I love so much for the outside, and for the inside I used different plain colored carstocks that I ran through the Cuttlebug Paisley embossing folder (it's hard to see on the pic unless you click on it to enlarge). This is my little twist, as I find it more sturdy with 2 layers instead of 1. For closure I inserted 2 ribbons between my 2 layers.
I wanted this to be as flat as possible and with no embellishments so that they can carry this easily in their bags (and it won't get damaged) and I didn't write inside either so they can customize it with the pics of their choice (or re-gift it!! --> the horror!... ;-)). Instead I wrote a little note on a minicard the size of the gift card.
My favorite thing about those holders is the texture inside, so cool! :-)
This is the perfect size to carry around those wallet size pictures.... I might have to make one for myself to carry around pics of my cuties! :-)

2 comments:

Lee said...

Bee....I DO love these with that awesome paper!!! What sweet gifts for your kiddos' teachers!!! I need to make a few more of these myself....they're wonderful gifts!! And I do love the idea that they can use it to gift someone else!! It's 2 gifts in one!! LOL

Carrie said...

What a great idea! I love the way they turned out:) How long did it take to make one?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails